Monday, March 15, 2010

Nanny Returns by Emma McLauglin & Nicola Kraus

I loved the book, The Nanny Diaries. So, I was excited to read this book. I love reading sequels and such that continue to tell the story of characters I loved. 12 years have passed since Nan left the X residence. The book begins with Grayer X finding the nanny cam tape left behind. Grayer seeks Nanny out and she is sucked back into the crazy life of the X's. Nan is married and has been living abroad and has recently returned to NYC. Her and her husband Ryan(HH from the first book) have a lot of work ahead of them with many renovations and many improvements to their home. Nan is hoping to get a job soon. Grayer dislikes Nan for leaving him and his brother. He believes she is just like all the rest of the prior nannies. Nan and Grayer will soon realize that they need each other. For anyone who has not read The Nanny Diaries, I suggest you start with that book first before reading Nanny Returns or you will be a bit lost in the beginning. Plus, it will help you become more connected with the characters. Nan not only is strong and smart but that she is the back bone for why Grayer did turn out to be a good kid. Mrs. X seemed too much into herself and really annoying. The book is a little over the top at times and totally dysfunctional the way the X family is. And, so sad for the kids. I did not like this book near as much as the first. I just kept reading because I wanted to know that the X kids were going to be ok and that Nan would too.

No comments:

Post a Comment