Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Time It Snowed In Puerto Rico


I picked this book up because it took place in Puerto Rico. We went on vacation there last year and loved it! And, it was neat to read about alot of places we visited while in PR and even some restaurants we went to were mentioned.

The book is about a young girl, Verdita, in Puerto Rico in the 60's who wants to be more"American". She wants to visit the US, speak English, and look like the movie stars from America. The book is about her discovering who she wants to become.

I really wanted to like this book. It started out fairly good, but I found myself midway through the book just wanting to be finished. It had a few interesting parts, but it seemed like lots of characters were introduced, but not really developed. I am glad to be moving on to something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment