Monday, January 25, 2010

Three June by Julia Glass

This book is divided into 3 parts,each focusing on a different character- a father, his son and a young woman. Each one is written ten years apart and the characters and families overlap. I enjoyed the first third of the book and I liked how it came together in the end, but the middle part of the book was slow and it focused so much on this one man and his gay relationships- a lover and a friend dying of AIDS in the 80's. The book starts off in Greece and then goes back and forth between Scotland and New York. There were interesting parts and I liked that it followed the characters for many years, but it was kindof drawn out in the middle. I didn't hate it, but wouldn't really say I loved it either. I did like the end, but was ready to be done with the book and move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment